Sunday, October 25, 2009

Festa de Bolets!






 After the breakfast feast and the run, the day continued de una manera muy agradable. In Solsona and the surrounding areas, mushroom hunting is extremely popular and right now is el tiempo de las bolets. Today was the inauguration day for a special restaurant week; all the participating restaurants are offering fixed menus highlighting local ingredients, specifically mushrooms. To kick off the restaurant week, there was mini festival right in my very own Plaza Mayor. All the restaurants had a table set up and were offering samples and small plates. You bought a ticket to enter and then you could sample foods from local restaurants. Que chulo! There were also tables displaying the different kinds of mushrooms that are found in this area. They say that in Catalunya the people estan locos por las bolets. From my balcony I could look down at the crowded plaza and watch the people milling about. A little later I went down and joined the crowd. There was a woman selling the most delicious fresh goat cheese and I couldn't resist buying some from her. It is so rich, almost like ricotta, but in water like fresh mozzerella. Que rico! Above are some pictures from my balcony and from below.

1 comment:

  1. Aiyaiyai--it sounds so fabulous! I want to be you!!!! You are living my food dream! Thanks for the postings-don't stop.

    ReplyDelete