Monday, November 9, 2009

Caminante no hay camino...



On Sunday, I went on a walk around Clariana, just outside of Solsona, with a group of people from the Solsona Outing Club. It was a sparkling, sunny and very brisk day and we walked for a little over two hours. We followed winding paths that led us to an hidden ancient ice well, a romanesque bridge, crumbing castle, old churches and beautiful vistas all around. The company was good, even though they kept getting a kick out of pointing out to me that America wasn't even discovered until 500 years or more after some of these things were constructed. 

After the walk we returned to the waiting cars, and quick vermut of olives, mussels, clams, potato chips and a purrón full of beer mixed with lemon soda, waiting for us to snack on before heading home. Have I mentioned the purrón? It is a container usually filled with vino tinto or some other form of wine, and in order to share among many, it has a spout and is passed around. I have seen it used several times since being here, but yesterday they finally egged me on and made me try it. I got a little on me, but in the hand managed to make a decent showing. It was a good day all around.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment